The London Team
The Navigator team is a close knit and friendly team comprising of finance, chartering, operations and technical departments. Working in an open plan environment, employees are encouraged to discuss issues within the shipping environment and learn the broader shipping industry to be able to understand the technical function and how it relates to the industry.
The successful candidate will have the benefit of being able to broaden their commercial and operational knowledge, as well as gain understanding of the LPG shipping market in a dynamic environment.
Due to the continued growth of the company, we are looking for a Demurrage & Claims Analyst to join our expanding Operations Department on a permanent contract. The role will form part of a Post Fixtures, and the ideal candidate will be responsible for Post Fixtures duties covering the whole fleet.
Main responsibilities of the role but not limited to:
- Responsible for laytime and demurrage calculations, claim submission, handling and negotiation, ensuring timely and effective settlement.
- Responsible for incoming and outgoing Charterparty claims and disputes, including but not limited to costs rebilling and reconciliation as well as additional consumption claims.
- Review and approve Agents’ Final Disbursement Accounts, enter information in the Voyage Management System, ensuring that port expenses are in line with the Proforma DA’s.
- Issue rebilling statements to Charterers in accordance to Charterparty terms.
- Follow up on collection of outstanding receivables and ensure timely settlement.
- Provide advice and support to the Operations and Chartering Departments on laytime and demurrage concerns, CP clauses and Post Fixtures related matters.
- Monitor time-bars and update the claims files.
- Preform analysis and reporting of departmental performance on a quarterly and annual basis, identifying trends and proposing solutions.
- Other adhoc assignments as and when required
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role within maritime.
- Educated to degree level in a shipping-related field.
- Excellent communicator in English both verbally and in written format
- Demonstrated numeracy skills and attention to detail
- Fluency in handling all Microsoft packages, especially Excel.
- Necessary visa in place to take up a full-time, permanent role in London within the next two months.
Navigator Gas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status.